‘The Crossing’, which is a community farm in Forest Row is situated a 30 minute drive south of London Gatwick airport, in beautiful rolling English countryside.
Accommodation – On Site Camping
You may camp for £5/day within the site of The Crossing. Facilities are basic, with outdoor composting toilets, and cold water available for washing and showers.
There might be room on the site to bring your own camper van, but NOT a caravan. Please tell us on the booking form if you plan to do this.
Other Local Accommodation
Here are links to other local accommodation possibilities on some of the best known web sites, centred around the workshop location. Change the dates and number of people to suit your needs:
- Local Airbnb accommodation – click here
- Properties on holidayletting.co.uk – click here
- Bed and breakfasts on toprooms.com – click here
- Bed and breakfasts on bedandbreakfastdirectory.co.uk – click here
- Hotels on booking.com – click here
(click on “show map” in the left column, and then move down to centre the map on the green area to the south of Crawley, which is where the workshop is located).
- Google search “Bed and Breakfast Forest Row” – click here
- Google map “Bed and Breakfast RH18 5EH – click here
We organise for food to be purchased for the meals, and we take it in turns to prepare the food and wash up afterwards. In this way, we can keep the cost of the food to a minimum, typically around £10 per day. We have a simple breakfast, our main meal in the middle of the day and a light evening meal. The food is vegetarian and simple, but wholesome. You may want to buy a few other items yourself to supplement any particular food types that are important to you.
Things to Bring With You On the Workshop
We recommend you bring the following items:
- Clothes to get dirty in
- Strong shoes for working in rough terrain
- A hat as you will be outdoors in the sunshine all day
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Pen and notebook to make notes
- A memory stick with 16Gb of free space to store everyone’s photos taken during the workshop.
- Phone / camera
- Supplementary food items
- Toiletries and a towel, especially including lip balm and hand cream.
- All appropriate equipment if you are camping.