The workshop is located in a farming field in Weir Wood, on the outskirts of Foret Row village and is situated a 30 minute drive south of London Gatwick airport, in beautiful rolling English countryside.
Accommodation – On Site Camping
You may camp or stay on a floor of the attic of a barn for £5/day within the workshop site. Facilities are quite good, with one toilet and warm water shower available.
There is room on the site to bring your own caravan or camper van. Please tell us on the booking form if you plan to do this. The farmer will also charge £5/day for the use of facilities.
We might also have basic mattress space on a floor of a disused chapel… or a nearby house.. for a small charge. Details to be confirmed!
Other Local Accommodation
Here are links to other local accommodation possibilities on some of the best known web sites, centred around the workshop location. Change the dates and number of people to suit your needs:
- Local Airbnb accommodation – click here
- Properties on holidayletting.co.uk – click here
- Bed and breakfasts on toprooms.com – click here
- Bed and breakfasts on bedandbreakfastdirectory.co.uk – click here
- Hotels on booking.com – click here
(click on “show map” in the left column, and then move down to centre the map on the green area to the south of Crawley, which is where the workshop is located).
- Google search “Bed and Breakfast Haywards Heath” – click here
- Google map “Bed and Breakfast RH17 5TJ” – click here
We organise for food to be purchased for the meals, and we take it in turns to prepare the food and wash up afterwards. In this way, we can keep the cost of the food to a minimum, typically around £10 per day. We have a simple breakfast, our main meal in the middle of the day and a light evening meal. The food is vegetarian and simple, but wholesome. You may want to buy a few other items yourself to supplement any particular food types that are important to you.
Things to Bring With You On the Workshop
We recommend you bring the following items:
- Clothes to get dirty in
- Strong shoes for working in can be very muddy.
- A hat as you will be outdoors in the rain or sun all day
- Pen and notebook to make notes
- A memory stick with 16Gb of free space to store everyone’s photos taken during the workshop.
- Phone / camera
- Pounds .. cash to pay upon arrival for food and camping.
- Supplementary food items
- Toiletries and a towel, especially including hand cream.
- All appropriate equipment if you are camping.