The workshop is located in a field, on the outskirts of Foret Row village and is situated a 30 minute drive south of London Gatwick airport, in beautiful rolling English countryside.
Click here for a map of the precise location.
Accommodation – Camping
You may camp within the workshop site. Facilities are basic, with compost toilet and cold water for bucket washes.
There is room on the site to bring your own caravan or camper van. Please tell us on the booking form if you plan to do this.
Other Local Accommodation
Here are links to other local accommodation possibilities on some of the best known web sites, centred around the workshop location. Change the dates and number of people to suit your needs:
- Local Airbnb accommodation – click here
- Properties on holidayletting.co.uk – click here
- Bed and breakfasts on toprooms.com – click here
- Bed and breakfasts on bedandbreakfastdirectory.co.uk – click here
- Hotels on booking.com – click here
(click on “show map” in the left column, and then move down to centre the map on the green area to the south of Crawley, which is where the workshop is located).
- Google search “Bed and Breakfast Haywards Heath” – click here
- Google map “Bed and Breakfast RH17 5TJ” – click here
Vegetarian/Vegan food will be available at a cost of approx. £10/day, payable upon arrival. The food will comprise a self service breakfast, full cooked lunchtime meal, and a light supper, ususally leftovers from lunch or soup. This money covers the groceries only. To keep the food cost to the minimun the food will be prepared by ourselves.
Things to Bring With You On the Workshop
We recommend you bring the following items:
- Clothes to get dirty in
- Strong shoes for working in can be very muddy.
- A hat as you will be outdoors in the rain or sun all day
- Pen and notebook to make notes
- A memory stick with 16Gb of free space to store everyone’s photos taken during the workshop.
- Phone / camera
- Pounds .. cash to pay upon arrival for food.
- Supplementary food items
- Toiletries and a towel, especially including hand cream.
- All appropriate equipment if you are camping.